Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website including, but not limited to, information: (a) from which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information") and (b) about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or uploading materials to our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to the rateBridge service, using the rateBridge service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondences (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website including on or through the rateBridge service.
- Your search queries on the Website including on or through the rateBridge service.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website (i.e., not as part of your use of the rateBridge service) or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (a) details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and (b) information about your electronic device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services ("behavioral tracking"). You can opt-out of behavioral tracking on this Website by completing this form. Upon receipt of an opt-out request, we will place a "do not track" cookie on your device and, on subsequent visits to our Website, we will not install the technologies required for automatic data collection.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This practice helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: (a) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (b) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (c) speed up your searches; and (d) recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and to obtain other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: (a) to present our Website and its contents to you; (b) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us; (c) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (d) to provide you with notices about your account; (e) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; (f) to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it; (g) to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; (h) as set out in an agreement between you and the Company for use of the rateBridge service; (i) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and (j) for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to (a) contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you and (b) enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences.
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a service subscription, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, pplease send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure, but the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
or via our toll-free number: